This policy sets out how Wakefield RISC OS Computer Club will use and protect any personal information that you give us, either through this website or the site of the Wakefield RISC OS Computer Club, by exhibiting at the Wakefield Acorn & RISC OS Computer Show, or by becoming a member of the Wakefield RISC OS Computer Club, and your rights in relation to it.
Wakefield RISC OS Computer Club is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. By accessing this website, contacting us, joining us or exhibiting at the Show, you are consenting to the way that information is collected and used as described in this policy. If we ask you to provide information by which you can be identified, we will only use it in accordance with this policy.
Wakefield RISC OS Computer Club reserves the right to amend this policy from time to time by updating this page, without prior notice. You are advised to check this page or our Members’ Newsletter regularly for any amendments. This policy was last updated on 22nd July 2018.
What information we collect, and why
Every time you visit our website, your current Internet Protocol (IP) address is registered to allow the pages that you view to be sent to you. This IP address reveals no information about you, and we do not use it to collect any personal data from you.
Accessing this site might require cookies to be placed on your computer, and the ways in which these are used are detailed below.
If you make contact with Wakefield RISC OS Computer Club, we may collect the following data from you should you request further information from us:
- Name, and
- Contact information including email address or phone number.
We require this data in order to be able to be able to respond to your enquiry, and process it based on legitimate interest.
If your enquiry is about joining Wakefield RISC OS Computer Club, then on the basis of legitimate interest we will also use this data in order to provide you with details of opportunities to get involved, in particular:
- To send emails informing you of monthly meetings and other events that you might wish to attend.
If you join Wakefield RISC OS Computer Club, we will collect the following data from you:
- Contact information including postal address, email address and phone number, along with your preferences for how we use them, and
- Details of the computer systems that you use.
We will use this information on the basis of legitimate interest:
- To enable us to manage your membership of Wakefield RISC OS Computer Club,
- To send a monthly newsletter by email, and
- To send emails with details of upcoming meetings and events that you might be interested in attending.
In addition, and with your consent to allow your details to be shared with our external internet service provider, we will use the information:
- To subscribe you to the members’ discussion forum email list.
If you create an account on the Wakefield RISC OS Club website, we will collect your:
- Name, and
- Email address.
These will be used, with your consent, to:
- Manage your website account and enable you to log in to the restricted areas of the website.
If you attend a Wakefield RISC OS Computer Club event, we may additionally collect the following data from you:
- Photographs of you at the event.
We will use this information on the basis of legitimate interest:
- To share with members, and
- To publish to the media, on social media, in our newsletter or on our website.
If you have incurred expenses on Wakefield RISC OS Computer Club’s behalf, we may additionally collect the following data from you:
- Bank account details.
We will use this information, with your consent:
- To facilitate payment of monies owed.
If you exhibit at, or enquire about exhibiting at, the Wakefield Acorn & RISC OS Computer Show, we will collect the following data from you:
- Organisation Name (if applicable), and
- Contact information including postal address, email address, website address and phone number.
We will use this information, based on legitimate interest, to:
- Enable show bookings to be managed,
- Include, with your consent, your details in the online and printed show guides.
Wakefield RISC OS Computer Club is committed to ensuring that your information is secure, and will take reasonable physical, technological and operational precautions to guard against loss and to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure.
Please note that transmitting information over the internet, especially via email, is inherently insecure and we can never guarantee the security of data sent in this way.
Controlling your information
We will never sell your personal data. We will not share your personal data with third parties without your consent, except:
- Where we are required to do so by law, or
- Where such third parties are service providers, agents or subcontractors to us for the purposes of managing your Wakefield RISC OS Computer Club membership or carrying out Wakefield RISC OS Computer Club activities. We will only disclose the personal data that is necessary for the third party to deliver the service.
If you are a member of Wakefield RISC OS Computer Club, or exhibit at a Wakefield Acorn & RISC OS Computer Show, we will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as you remain part of the group or are an active exhibitor. If you leave us, we will retain details of your membership or exhibitor record indefinitely, and other details for as long afterwards as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
If you have never been a member of Wakefield RISC OS Computer Club, we will hold your data for as long as you wish to remain in contact with us, and for as long afterwards as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
You can ask us to change the way that we use your personal information, or to remove it completely from our systems, at any time:
- By replying to any informational email, asking to be removed from the mailing list,
- By contacting email@example.com, or
- If you are a member of Wakefield RISC OS Computer Club, by contacting the Membership Secretary. Note that as a member, we must hold certain personal data about you in order to be able to manage your membership.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible at the above email address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Links to other websites
Our website may offer links to other websites of interest. However, if you follow these links, you should note that we do not have any control over any external sites. We can therefore not be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, and these sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should always exercise caution and check the privacy statement of other websites.
A cookie is usually a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in your web browser. We use them to help visitors navigate the Wakefield RISC OS Computer Club and Wakefield Acorn & RISC OS Computer Show websites, and to understand how the sites are used. Due to their core role in enhancing or enabling usability or site processes, disabling cookies may prevent you from accessing certain parts of these sites.
Many web browsers allow you to reject cookies, usually through their Internet Options. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
- Members’ Account Login: Accessing files inside the Members’ Areas of the Club website will place a cookie on your computer to track the fact that you have logged in.
Emails sent by Wakefield RISC OS Computer Club contain a unique Message ID which allows us to detect bounced messages and remove defunct email addresses from our mailing lists.
Our emails do not contain any means of tracking whether they have been opened or read by their recipients.